The District is required to develop and implement a sewer system management plan (SSMP) under the State Water Resources Control Board WDR permit (Order 2022-0103-DWQ). The SSMP documents SPMUD’s program to properly operate and maintain the sanitary sewer system.
The SSMP addresses the following elements:
- SSMP Goal and Introduction
- Legal Authority
- Operation and Maintenance Program
- Design and Performance Provisions
- Spill Emergency Response Plan
- Sewer Pipe Blockage Control Program
- System Evaluation, Capacity Assurance, and Capital Improvements
- Monitoring, Measurement, and Program Modifications
- Internal Audits
- Communication Program
As required, SPMUD performs an audit of the program every three (3) years and the SSMP is updated and re-certified by the Board of Directors every six (6) years.
Link to the California Integrated Water Quality System (CIWQS) Sanitary Sewer Overflow (SSO) Map. The District's Waste Discharge Identification (WDID) is 5SSO11054.