Skip to main content


What services do you provide? 

South Placer Municipal Utility District provides sewer collection and maintenance service to the City of Rocklin, the Town of Loomis, the communities of Penryn and Newcastle, as well as a portion of Granite Bay.

What are your office hours and where are you located? 

Our office is located at 5807 Springview Drive in Rocklin, off of Sunset near Taylor Road.

Office hours are as follows:

7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday
Closed on Major Holidays

You can reach customer service during normal business hours by calling (916) 786-8555

(The messaging system answers calls between noon & 1:00 p.m. each day)

What are the sewer rates for my home? 

Monthly Sewer charges are $37.44 per month/per EDU (Equal Dwelling Unit), billed on a quarterly basis.

Does SPMUD offer discounts for seniors or income-qualified customers? 

The District has a Low-Income Lifeline Low-Income Rate Assistance Program which is offered for qualifying eligible property owners.  (Eligibility is based upon ownership of the property and proof of participation in the PG&E CARE Program.)  This program offers a $5 per month reduction in sewer service charges.  You may download the Application Form hereLow-Income Lifeline Rate Assistance Program application. The program is limited by Ordinance #17-04 to the first 500 customers.

The District also participates in the State of California Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP).  LIHWAP provides one-time payments to low-income households that are eligible for assistance. 
Households that qualify for LIHWAP could reduce their water or wastewater charges, by up to $2,000. Contact your local LIHWAP service provider to learn more about how to apply by visiting

What are my payment options? 

The following payment options are provided for your convenience:

By Phone – Payments can be made 24 hours a day using our automated payment system at (833) 273-7454.   Our office is also available to take payments in person or respond to inquiries at (916) 786-8555 during normal business hours.

Online – Payments can be made online by logging into your account online

AutoPay – Autopay is a free, easy, and convenient way for customers to pay their bills on time, every time. Customers can sign up for recurring automatic payments to be drafted using either Visa, MasterCard, or Debit Card at or through a Checking Account by calling the District at 1-916-786-8555 during normal business hours.

In-Person – Payments can be made in person via Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, or Debit Card in our office located at 5807 Springview Drive in Rocklin (location map) during normal business hours.

M-TH 8:00 am – 4:30 pm & Fridays 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.

By Mail – Checks made payable to South Placer M.U.D. can be mailed to

P.O. Box 7655, San Francisco, CA 94120-7655

Is there a fee to pay by Credit Card or to make a payment by phone? 

There is no credit card fee associated with the monthly service fee at this time.  Connection, inspection, plan review, and other fees are accessed a 2.5% credit card transaction fee. 

How do I sign up to pay my bill online? 

Payments can be made by creating an online account at You will need your account number and your last payment amount to set up your account. 

Can I make payment arrangements? 

Payment arrangements are not offered.

Can the sewer utility be put in the tenant’s name? 

Sewer service accounts shall remain in the name of and be the sole responsibility of the real property owner. Pursuant to the District’s Sewer Code, Sewer service accounts are not permitted to be billed to a tenant or put in a tenant’s name.  A complimentary copy of your Utility Statement can be mailed to a tenant - call our office for more information.

Can the bills be sent to a property management company? 

Yes, as a courtesy to our customers the District will send statements to the care of a property management company upon written authorization from the property owner.

Can I make a payment on someone else’s account? 

Yes, payments will be accepted by persons other than the property owner on record.

Can I temporarily suspend my service? 

No. Sewer services cannot be turned on and off.  Contact the District for more information at (916) 786-8555.

I just bought my house so why do I have a past-due balance reflected on my first bill? 

Sewer charges remain with the property that received the service, not with the customer. For this reason, it is typical for a title company to contact the District and request a payoff demand in order to settle out any outstanding sewer charges on a property through escrow. If the title company does not contact the District upon transfer of ownership the outstanding charges will remain with the property and become the responsibility of the new property owner. As a courtesy, the District will send out a closing statement to the seller of the property, and if payment is received the new owner's account is credited

I received a letter for delinquent sewer service charges. The letter says if I don’t pay there will be a lien on my home. What does this mean? 

Once a year during the month of April the District audits all of its accounts for outstanding sewer service charges remaining from the prior calendar year and sends out delinquent notices to our customers. If the outstanding charges remain unpaid after the deadline noted in the letter a 10% penalty is assessed and the outstanding amount due, including the penalty, is sent to the Placer County Tax Collector’s office to be assigned to the property’s tax bill.

What is a Capacity Fee Charge? 

A Capacity Charge, also called a Connection Fee or Participation Fee, is paid to the District for the privilege of connecting to the District’s sewer facilities. The District's facilities include local collection systems, trunk lines, treatment plants, and capacity.

View more FAQs related to the Capacity Charge


Join our mailing list
// Gives all iframes a generic title