Sewer Service Charge
A monthly sewer service charge is established and enacted by the District’s Board of Directors Ordinance 17-02 and billed on a quarterly basis in accordance with the following schedules:
SPMUD Quarterly Billing Cycles
Cycle 1 (95677 zip code area )
Customers in the 95677 zip code area receive their quarterly billing: 07/01 - 10/01 - 01/01 - 04/01
- Billing Date: January 1, Date of Service: October 1 through December 31.
- Billing Date: April 1, Date of Service: January 1 through March 31.
- Billing Date: July 1, Date of Service: April 1 through June 30.
- Billing Date: October 1, Date of Service: July 1 through September 30.
Cycle 2 (95765 zip code)
Customers in the 95765 zip code area receive their quarterly billing: 02/01 – 05/01 – 08/01 – 11/01
- Billing Date: February 1, Date of Service: November 1 through January 31.
- Billing Date: May 1, Date of Service: February 1 through April 30.
- Billing Date: August 1, Date of Service: May 1 through July 31.
- Billing Date: November 1, Date of Service: August 1 through October 31.
Cycle 3 (95650, 95746, 95663, 95658 zip code)
Customers in the 95650, 95746, 95663, 95658 zip code areas receive their quarterly billing: 03/01 – 06/01 – 09/01 – 12/01
- Billing Date: March 1, Date of Service: December 1 through February 28 (29).
- Billing Date: June 1, Date of Service: March 1 through May 31.
- Billing Date: September 1, Date of Service: June 1 through August 31.
- Billing Date: December 1, Date of Service: September 1 through November 30.
You can view your statements, set up your account to make online payments, or if you prefer not to register your account you can make a Quick Payment here
Notice regarding Past Due Utility Payments
In October 2016 the SPMUD Board adopted a Delinquent Bills (Past Due) Policy. Since all customers share in the cost of delinquent accounts, those who don’t pay on time have an impact on everyone. This policy will therefore benefit our customers who pay on time since revenues from late fees will be used to recover costs incurred by late payments.
Beginning January 1, 2017 any utility account that has a past due balance will be assessed a late fee in the amount of $7.50 per EDU/per Quarterly Billing (EDU stands for an Equivalent Dwelling Unit which is the typical volume & strength of wastewater generated by a single family home). Late fees will appear on the next quarterly bill following the late occurrence.
Example for a single family residential property (1 EDU):
Previous Balance= $102.00
+ Late Fees= $7.50 (assessed by quarter $2.50 x 3 months)
-> Past Due Amount= $109.50
+ Current Sewer Charge = $102.00
-> Amount Due = $211.50
District Fee ScheduleSPMUD FY20/21 Fee Schedule - Adopted by Resolution #20-18, effective July 1, 2020SPMUD FY21/22 Fee Schedule - Adopted by Resolution #21-19, effective July 1, 2021
Scheduled Monthly Service Charge Increases:
All District customers should note the following, In accordance with SPMUD Sewer Code Chapter 2.03 – Charges and Fees:
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 12811.1 of the Public Utilities Code, the owner of record of real property within the District is required to pay the fees, tolls, rates, rentals, or other charges for services rendered to a lessee, tenant, or other occupant of the property and those fees, tolls, rates, rentals and other charges that have become delinquent together with interest and penalties thereon, will constitute a lien on the property when a certificate is filed in the Office of the County Recorder and such lien has the force, effect, and priority of a judgment lien.
Monthly Sewer Service Charges effective 07/01/18