The District is required to develop and implement a sewer system management plan (SSMP) under the State Water Resources Control Board WDR permit (Order 2006-0003-DWQ). The SSMP documents SPMUD’s program to properly operate and maintain the sanitary sewer system.
The SSMP addresses the following elements:
- Legal Authority
- Operation and Maintenance Program
- Design and Performance Provisions
- Overflow Emergency Response Plan
- Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) Control Program
- System Evaluation and Capacity Assurance Plan
- Monitoring, Measurement, and Program Modifications
- SSMP Program Audits
- Communication Program
As required, SPMUD performs an audit of the program every two years and it is updated and re-certified by the Board of Directors every five (5) years.
Link to the California Integrated Water Quality System (CIWQS) Sanitary Sewer Overflow (SSO) Map.